Well, 'tis Saturday, and right now I listening to The Carpenters. Now, if you have never heard of them, I don't blame you because they are a pretty old band/artist, but the lady singer has such a good voice! Dang! Anyway, whilst I was listening to the sereneness of the Carpenters, I found some Oreos! Yes! I love it when that happens because finding Oreos in our house is pretty much impossible.
Today, however, I am going to tell you the amazing tale of the Rebecca the Rice Krispy. She was, like all rice krispies, made and packaged in the Kellogg's factory. When all the rice krispies got stuck in the box, they started talking to each other through the thin outer layer around all of them. Steve said, "Yes! We are all going to the store! I hope that we get to go to Wal-Mart!" "Wal-Mart? Lame! I want to go to somewhere useful, like Haiti or something." says Nathan the rice krispy. "Actually, I would like to end up in Paris. I have always wanted to go to France." The talk continued in this manner until they all fell asleep. That is when the truck carrying the treats hit a fateful BUMP in the road and the box containing Rebecca the Rice Krispy and her fellow friends fell out and it flew into the forest right along side the road.
All the snacks of course woke up and screamed in agony as they realized what had happened. "We will all sit here and rot to pieces instead of being eaten!" (Rice Krispies are in fact really weird, because all they want to do with their lives is get eaten.) But Rebecca wouldn't stand for that. "Everyone! Stop your useless babbling and let's try to get out of this precarious situation! Nathan and Steve, you work on opening the box, Susan and Peter, you start rounding everyone up so we can all escape together!" So you see that Rebecca had a natural leading streak in her. But, it was all in vain. For that night, it rained.
The rain soaked the box that held them all dug it's fingers into their protective aluminum covering and creeped it's way into all the krispies. Water is the only thing that can effectively destroy a rice krispy and it did just that. Rebecca the Rice Krispy and all her friends, Peter, Susan, Nathan, Steve, etc. died a slow, cold death.
So if you find a wet, ragged looking box of Rice Krispies on the side of the road in a forest, pick it up gently, realize the tragedy of the whole thing, and simply take a trip with it to your neighborhood Wal-Mart, then a tour of Paris, then to a service expedition to Haiti. This will complete the krispies' wishes even in death. (Plus it give you a good excuse to go to two of those three places!)
The End!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment